Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 July 2011

An Old Married Lady!

Today has been a funny old day.  Today is my unofficial anniversary.  I met my husband 15 years ago today.  Not the best of meetings I had a boyfriend, It was in a seedy nightclub (which is now a pole dancing club!)  My friend and I were playing a game of how many drinks can we get unsuspecting suckers to buy us (awful I know).  Then BANG there he was.

Although love at first sight it certainly was not.  His first words to me were’ Well you’re a Moody B***h.  Somewhere between there, the tequila, scaring off an unwanted admirer I was hooked.  The rest they say is history.

A lot of people did not think we would stand the test of time (both sets of parents for a start)  Our marriage vows of Richer, Poorer, Sickness and Health have been tested to extremes.  Good and Bad have surrounded us.  I have cried a lot but I have laughed more.  I have achieved so much that I wouldn’t have been able to without him.  Our greatest achievements are our beautiful daughters that because of him I have been blessed with.  I have been blessed to have him in my life.  He has made me the mother, friend and wife I am today.

Which is why it is easy to answer the question ‘Do you still love him?’  The answer is and always will be ‘I Do’

No comments:

Post a Comment